Thursday, April 26, 2012

Autism Speaks Event

Hope everyone had a great week!! Can't believe tomorrow is my birthday...time flies when you get old (lol!)

A couple of weeks ago, while getting over the flu, I received a very sweet phone call from a gentleman that works in my office building.  He was thinking of having an event for autism awareness and wanted to have some type of "fundraiser" but without going broke doing it.  Now, this gentleman kindly explained to me that he was a very big fan of a famous cupcake bakery located in the Inland Empire and had not been back to their store since tasting one of my cupcakes!! YES MY MOUTH DROPPED OPEN TOO!! I have heard very generous compliments from both family and clients alike, but I have never been compared to an actual established bakery! Needless to say, I was more than happy to provide cupcakes for his event :-)

So while I was on my new favorite obsession (www.pinterest.com) I came across a very interesting pin with some cupcakes in a cup (http://pinterest.com/pin/89157267593287499/)... *cue light bulb over my head* and thought to myself, "why not do that for the Autism event?" Excitement consumed me...yes I get excited about stuff like this (lol!)

After baking 4 dozen cupcakes (red velvet, chocolate, and vanilla) it was time to place them inside of the plastic cups.  I didn't know if I wanted to frost them in the cup or frost them outside of the cup, then try putting them in there.  I opted for my 1st thought, frosting them inside of the cup, that way I don't risk messing up the frosting. And boy was I glad I chose to do that... *whew*

I had fun preparing these cupcakes for such a special event.  When you get a chance, please visit www.autismspeaks.org and read about how this disorder affects the lives of so many.  The reason he throws this event is because his daughter has autism.  An estimated 1 out of 54 boys and 1 in 252 girls are diagnosed with autism in the United States.  It makes it just that more special.

Well, time to turn in and look forward to this wonderful event tomorrow!! Adios!







It was all for a good cause...would do it again in a  heartbeat <3




This is how I set them up for the event! 
Side shot of the set-up













No comments:

Post a Comment