Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sunny days...

Hi there...I am trying to get the hang of blogging every 2 weeks and trying to create a design to showcase.  So while I was at work (shhh...don't tell my boss) I visited http://www.youtube.com/ to see what other cupcake designs I could try for fun.  I came across a beautiful sunflower design that was both easy and very creative. 

Materials:
Yellow cake cupcakes
Oreos or any other chocolate cookies
Buttercream icing
 - green
 - yellow
 - orange
Offset spatula
Leaf tip (#352)


Instructions:

1. Cover the cupcakes with the green buttercream (as shown here ------------->)

2. Place the Oreo in the center of the cupcakes (this creates the middle of the flower)

3. Start piping petals around the cookie, constructing a flower.

...and there you have it!! Your sunflower cupcake!!


 






I promise I'll have a more difficult design next time!!



No comments:

Post a Comment