Wednesday, July 13, 2011

RED VELVET DELIGHTS

So my attempt to make "pink champagne" cupcakes FAILED...not just a regular fail, but an EPIC FAIL! I think the alcohol amount on the recipe I used was too much and caused the batter to be runny, and it caused the cupcakes to not rise.  Oh how disappointed I was to see them in the oven all sunken in and....sad looking.

But as my husband (also my unofficial assistant) suggested I should bake another recipe I know just to keep at it...and that is what I did.  My red velvet cupcakes are very good.  They always turn out to be very moist and super delicious. And I seem to get the most compliments off of these. 

I felt rushed and under prepared so I did my best...



- I used some new cupcake papers that do not require a cupcake pan so this was a test run for something new...Lol! When they bake they expand so as you can see the cupcakes look like mini square cakes *idea light coming on*


- My grandmother gave me an idea about perfecting my cream cheese frosting.  I never knew my cream cheese had to be cold in order for it to hold its firmness...silly me! She told me to take the cream cheese out of the fridge at least 10 minutes before I was ready to mix it and the frosting should come out PERFECT!


No comments:

Post a Comment