The supplies used to create Elmo:
*Chocolate chips (for his pupils)
*(2) Ziploc Freezer bags
To create Elmo's red color:
1. Cover the cupcakes with white buttercream using a pastry bag and coupler with NO TIP attached.
2. Smooth the buttercream over the cupcakes with a curved spatula.
3. Pour the red sugar crystals into a shallow bowl so you can cover the cupcakes evenly.
4. Take each cupcake and dip into the red sugar, making sure you cover the buttercream completely.
** if the buttercream gets hard in the process just take the spatula and go around the cupcake**
To create Elmo's mouth:
1. Heat up a handful of the Wilton Candy Melts in a measuring cup until melted.
*** MAKE SURE NOT TO BURN THEM***
2. Take one of the freezer bags and invert the bag over your open hand and press to make a cup in side your fingers.
3. Fill the cup inside your fingers with the melted chocolate and then lift the edges of the bag up and around the chocolate.
4. Press out the excess air and seal the bag.